Developmental Concept of The School
The high school that we intend to provide corresponds with current processes of the European integration and globalization, with the modern social context of information-communication technology (ICT) and conformation of education with the needs of labor market. The modern organization of teaching practice in the world covers several key points:
- Individualization of teaching practice which enables adaptation of the teaching approach to the interests and skills of the students, and with that, their preparation for further individual development. Ways of realization: choice of teaching practice, flexible teaching programs, and teaching techniques adapted to different styles of thinking of the students, and an opportunity for quicker advancement of the gifted students.
- Inclusive education, which in processes of building and using policies of the institution, will include the team that thinks about your future Algoritam users, namely students and parents. Openness towards representatives of institutions, organizations and individuals who represent interests of groups or organizations.
- Cooperation and strengthening of relationships between the school and the labor market, including building the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Usage of already established systems of interactive teaching practice, which promotes consistent activity and creativity of the student, as well as methods of grading of their success which include a degree of inclusion of the student (self-evaluation).
- External evaluation and self-evaluation of the success of the school’s work (which includes the assessment, in standardized form, of the success of the teachers which will include on their proactive relation in initiating the development competencies of the student and the open, democratic relationship to respect towards him).
Teaching plans and programs of the school
The teaching plans and programs of the school are in place to educate quality and creative staff. In this sense, in the first two years the students will attend classes with the same teaching plans and programs with little choosing in the second year, starting with the third year the students will have the opportunity to focus on many programs.
This approach enables students with adequate preparedness for a complete choice of their own professional orientation.
The curriculum will be realized through forms and methods that will enable active monitoring of the teaching process: lectures, exercises, and individual work of students, mentoring, project activities and other forms of instruction. In the realization of the curriculum, in particular, it will endeavor to affirm the active role of the student, whose presence and influence will be expressed throughout the educational process.
In the curriculum, particular attention will be paid to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), which should ensure the smooth transition and mobility of students.
The curriculum and programs of the PHS ALGORITAM are in accordance with the Law on Secondary Education, as well as in accordance with the National Program for the Development of the Education of the Republic of Macedonia 2005-2015 and the Program for the Development of Secondary Education. In accordance with the European and world trends for transformation and reform of secondary education, especially with regard to the two key segments of this educational subsystem, the structure and organization of the teaching, the PHS ALGORITAM aims to introduce curriculum for:
- Multilingual education;
- Greater participation of students, parents and other stakeholders in planning and programming of the educational process;
- Evaluation and self-evaluation of students;
- Evaluation of teachers and educational process;
- Recognizability and transparency of the acquired education in the country and abroad;
- Creating broad opportunities for entering higher education;
- Creating broad opportunities for developing abilities, potential, talent, affinity and personal development;
- Providing a basis for lifelong education.